Neptune, ruler of Pisces, and god of the ocean, Stations Retrograde today, Tuesday June 19 at 9:26 am AEST, at 16 and a half degrees Pisces. When a planet stations it’s power is magnified.
Here’s an amplification of the Neptunian archetype that I use when teaching Astrology. I am currently teaching 2 students on a one-on-one apprenticeship basis. Message me if interested.
– enchants, entrances, beguiles, glamorizes, romanticizes; refines, sensitizes, idealizes, spiritualizes
– fantasises, dreams, lives in a dream world, in the world of imagination
– sees visions, is a visionary, a poet
for example, William Blake: “To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower” and “If the doors of perception were cleansed, we would see reality as it is .. infinite”
Martin Luther King “I have a dream ..” [Moon / Venus in Pisces]
– weaves the web of maya, of illusion; confuses, distorts, conceals; sees apparitions, hallucinates
– deceives / is easily deceived, self-deceives, sees what it wants to see
- gets hurt, let down, disappointed, disillusioned .. may turn cynical, hard, embittered
- serves, suffers, redeems, atones, heals, gets crucified; victim / saviour / martyr syndrome; cf Story of Jesus, prime myth of the Piscean Age
- cares, sympathizes, empathizes, identifies, rescues, looks after, takes on others pain, suffering, sadness; makes personal sacrifices for the benefit of others; is extremely compassionate
- escapes, evades, opts out
- can’t cope, can’t keep it together, is easily overwhelmed
- becomes dependent, co-dependent, addicted; pathetic, parasitic, passive, unable to act
- has difficulty defining boundaries, drawing the line; how much do you give?
– “one more wouldn’t hurt, would it”
– likes to ‘get out of it to get into it’, whether through drugs or meditation
– likes to commune with the ocean, with nature ..
– is extremely sensitive to, appreciative of, inspired by, art, music and beauty
– lives for love, may become a slave to love, a love junkie,
cf the songs ‘Love is the drug’, ‘Addicted to love”, and the story of Tristan and Iseult
- or a junkie plain and simple
or a drunk – ‘thirsting for the spirit’, using drink to escape from pain
- longs for a dream lover, a soul mate, for unconditional love, for an end to separation
- wants to be rescued, to be taken care of, to be looked after, to give up the struggle
- dives deep, gets lost, then may ‘freak out’ and go into panic
- doesn’t like to be defined or pinned down; likes to be free, to ‘go with the flow’
- seeks spaces and places of magic and mystery
- expresses through image, music, dance and poetry rather than words; can be very creative and inspired
- takes life as a ‘lila’, as a play of the divine
- is a natural born mystic or bhakta, travelling the path of love, devotion and surrender
- dissolves, melts, merges, disappears .. like a wave into the ocean from which it arose .. into silence ..